The Hidden Vale (also know simply as the Vale) is an island located northeast of Novia, the first continent released in New Britannia. The Hidden Vale is where players start on during the Alpha testing.
The Hidden Vale island stands apart from the rest of Novia. Many people have migrated to the Vale to escape the Oracle’s dominion. The affirmation chambers, which are common in Brittany, are largely absent here, save a ruined one. Although the people of the Vale proudly believe themselves to be free of the Oracle’s influence, the truth of their claims cannot be known.
Recently, trade with the mainland has stopped, although the reason is unknown. The town of Kingsport has fallen upon hard times. The lack of trade has emptied its coffers, crime has increased, and some of its citizens have left for safer towns.
Owl’s Head is the major community of the Vale now. It has no titular ruler, although the captain of the local guard, Lord Delbart Enmar would be the person most turn to in times of crisis.
Outside of the towns and cities, wolves prowl the farmlands. To the south, the walking dead have arisen from a hidden fortress. Even a dragon has been seen in the hills.
Currently revealed locations are as follows:
- The cities include:
- Player housing towns include:
- Dungeons include:
- The Bone Spires are a small range of mountains in the southwest, near Braemar.
- Southwest of Owl’s Head is the lake of Righ Inis. From Righ Inis, the River Flow snakes eastward into the swamplands and out to sea.
- Braemar sits on the southern edge of the Shadow Wood, which dominates much of the southern half of the island.
- The Lost Mire is a swamp that engulfs the eastern portion of the land.
- The mountains north of Owl’s Head (Owls Aerie) contain an active volcano.
- Surface zones include:
- Shadow Wood
- Vale Road - heads south from Owl’s Head to Breamar.
- Lost Mire
- Greymark Forest
- Kingsroad – heads west from Kingsport to the Vale Road.
- Moors of Northshore
- Plains of Righ Inis
- Wynton’s Folly
- Random encounters include:
- Forest Road
- Hills Road
- Plains Road